04 July, 2010

Pioneer Experience at Point Park

Returned from welcoming the A&S new students at Point Park. They are a wonderful and interesting group.

I have also been impressed with the city of Pittsburgh during my last few visits. The neighborhood and their loyal residents reminds me very much of the Brooklyn of my youth. A working class city with a lot of pride. The city seems a little frayed but not beaten down - sort of like my old lambswool sweater from grad-school days that still keeps me warm even though it is frayed beyond belief. Pittsburgh also has overall fell of a smaller scale Boston - ubiquitous and varied culture - dance, theater, opera, film (not just movies), symphony, and more. I've also had the chance to eat in some wonderful restaurants - the Fish Market downtown, Girasole in Shadyside - and the wonderful gelato shop above it, Pamela's for breakfast and the wonderful beer at the Church Brew Works. Good Food, Good Arts, Good People - yes I'm really looking forward to relocating my life to Pittsburgh next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment